The Lou Abrahams Off The Beach Sailing Centre regularly holds racing for its members and caters for a range of different abilities. The racing generally consists of multiple fleets and is run by volunteers. The combination of racing on weekends and with junior and youth member coaching programs, assist SYC members to achieve their goals. Racing is held over spring/summer, autumn and winter.
Activities are conducted throughout the year and include: regular Sunday race series, Friday Twilight series (daylight saving period), external regattas and training programs including an annual pilgrimage at Easter time, Opening Day Sail Past, Presentation Nights, Pie Night evenings, camp out weekends at the Club and the Christmas Party.
Involvement and participation in Off The Beach sailing provides fun and an opportunity for all members of the family to become involved. Roles include: assisting running races and manning safety craft, helping in the canteen, assisting with rigging and de-rigging to assisting with social activities.
- Racing Rules of Sailing 2017-2020 – INFORMATION NIGHT
- SYC Members’ Succeed at the Victorian Sailing Awards!
- Racing Rules of Sailing Book!
- 2017 Commodore’s Challenge – SYC team member expressions of interest!
- Sail Guest Speaker – Australian Racing Legend Michael Coxon
- OTB Easter pilgrimage to Metung 14-17 April 2017
- SYC BY-LAWS AMENDMENTS APRIL 2017
- SYC OTB Sailors’ Success at the Australian Fireball Nationals!