The regatta is open to all Monohull and Catamaran Off The Beach boats with a listed YV yardstick. Entries are also open to all Green Fleet sailors in either the Minnow, Open Bic, Cadet or Optimist classes – both the fibreglass and plastic Optimists will be accepted!
- The Regatta Office is located in the Auditorium with entry via the ground floor at the northern end of the Clubhouse.
- Race Management Briefing Session for all on water personnel at 7.00pm Friday 11 October in the Olympic Room. Running sheets will be available a week prior to event date.
- There will be a competitors briefing for all competitors at 10.00am Saturday 12 October in the vicinity of the Auditorium.
- Saturday 12 October from 8.00am – 11.00am in the Training Auditorium
- Competitors and officials are to present themselves to the Registration Office on arrival to be issued with their Honorary Membership pass.
- At registration all competitors’ family members/supporters will be issued with a Honorary Membership in the form of a wrist band that needs to be worn at all times whilst on the SYC premises for the duration of the regatta. SYC staff may request to see proof of Honorary Membership throughout the regatta.
- Honorary membership will be issued on the basis that holder will respect the rules and regulations of SYC Honorary Membership. This privilege may be revoked at any time.
- Parents to sign for all entrants under the age of 18 years.
Boat Drop Off Zone:
- Boats can be dropped off on Friday between 4:00pm-7:00pm or on Saturday morning. The boat drop off zone can be accessed by the SYC yard gate.
- Boats and trolleys should be unloaded as quickly as possible and are to be moved to the allocated rigging area which will be either on the hardstand between the clubhouse and the marina front or at the OTB complex. No boats or persons are permitted within the Boat Yards Repairs and Maintenance Zone.
- Jetty Road provides Council [ticketed: 8.00am-8.00pm] parking areas.
- Vehicles and trailers can be parked at Treybit Reserve. Treybit Reserve will be open to all Sail Sandy competitors and spectators from 8:00am – 8:00pm Saturday and 8:00am-8:00pm Sunday.
- Please note: car parking attendants will be available to assist.
- The Lou Abrahams Off The Beach Sailing Centre provides access to change rooms and toilets. Additional facilities are available at the Ken King Centre. Please do not leave valuables unattended. SYC do have lockers available [first in, first served basis] however you will need to provide your own padlock.
- Canteen – breakfast items, lunch and coffee available! Menu coming soon….
- Members’ Bar & Members’ Lounge:
- Members’ Bar will be open from 11:00am Saturday and from 11.00am Sunday.
- Members’ Lounge from 9:00am Saturday and Sunday.
- Officials may carry out spot checks from time to time. Any boat that does not fully comply with all Class rules and AS Safety Regulations may be subject to protest.
- A Presentation ceremony will be held on the northern podium of the main Clubhouse as soon as possible after the last race on Sunday 13 October 2019.
- For further information, please contact the SYC Boating Department on Boating@syc.com.au or on (03) 9599 0922.