Members’ Bar & Restaurant Assistant Manager
This position will suit a self-motivated and confident individual who takes immense pride in customer service and close attention to detail.
We are seeking a career minded individual looking to assist in Managing the bar, restaurant and duty management of the Sandringham Yacht Club in a professional manner while continually exceeding member and guest expectations. The successful candidate will report directly to the Members’ Bar & Restaurant Manager.
Working in a busy and exciting environment, this all-rounder will have experience in managing staff, organizing and supervising a restaurant and extensive bar operations experience.
Key elements of this role include, but not limited to:
- Assisting the Bar’s manager with the managing of the bar’s operational activities
- Assist in staff training and managing staff
- Ensuring all members and guests are provided with outstanding service
- Ensuring club facilities are presented in the best possible manner
- Ensure proper cash management controls are followed by all staff members
- The ‘hands on’ day to day service of the Harbour View Restaurant & private Dining Room
- Opening and closing the club
- Dealing with any Member/guest issues
To be successful in this role the candidate will ideally possess:
- Previous experience in a similar role, with previous experience in members club highly regarded
- The flexibility to work over a seven day roster that involves being present on weekends, evenings and public holidays
- An outstanding customer service attitude
- A current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
This is a full time salaried position, with excellent working conditions.
To apply, please submit your resume along with a covering letter highlighting why you are a good fit for this role to Paul Corfield, Paul.Corfield@syc.com.au.
We are looking to fill this role quickly. Please note that only candidates being invited for interview will be contacted.
Sandringham Yacht Club (SYC), one of Australia’s most progressive and awarded yacht clubs, is looking for an experienced person to fill the role of Sailing Coordinator.
SYC is an outstanding sailing facility in Victoria with 2700 members, 500 onsite boats and a healthy boating program. The purpose of this position is to assist in the delivery of the SYC sailing programs including keelboat, off the beach, regattas and associated events.
This is a hands on role within the Boating Department at Sandringham Yacht Club.
This role involves:
- Sailing program administration including online entry and results systems
- Event administration – regattas and non-sailing events
- Volunteer coordination and support
- Attendance at sub-committee meetings and minute taking
Key skills will include:
- Excellent administration skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Computer skills and familiarity with web-based systems
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- First class customer service
Reporting directly to the Sailing Manager, you will work in a team which includes club officials, staff and volunteers. You will be instrumental in the organisation and promotion of sailing and racing programs, delivering a busy year round schedule of sailing activities. Your regular work week will be flexible and will include weekend days.
Experience in similar roles within sailing or other sporting organisations would be an advantage.
If you would like to express your interest for this position, please include a cover letter and resume with your application addressed to Richard Hewett email@example.com
Chef / cooks
Located on the foreshore of Port Phillip Bay, the Sandringham Yacht Club offers outstanding event, conferencing, a la carte and bistro outlets. A fantastic opportunity exists for a Chef/Cook to join the team.
We are looking for a highly energetic, experienced full time Chef/Cook and has employment experience within clubs or restaurants. Your strong focus on food quality and presentation will be highly regarded, as well as your ability to work in a fast paced busy team environment. Your availability across a Monday to Sunday 7-day rotating roster is essential to meet the demands of the business.
To join our team of highly experienced chefs you will have:
- A strong understanding of food safety standards
- Good communication skills
- Ability to train and develop staff
- Ability to deliver a consistent and exceptional product to members
- Culinary creativity
- An evident passion for good food
- A strong work ethic and a good team spirit
In return, you will be well rewarded and have the opportunity to work with a stable and dedicated team in a great location. If you would like to express your interest for this position, please include a cover letter and resume with your application addressed to Kol Gemmell, Kol.Gemmell@syc.com.au
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
INSTRUCTOR TRAINING AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Do you have a passion for sailing and a desire to share your skills with others?
SYCBA is accredited to train and assess Keelboat Instructor candidates and Dinghy Instructor training is available through Yachting Victoria.
Prerequisite qualifications for sailing instructors include First Aid, Marine Radio Certificate, Powerboat Handling Certificate and Working with Children Check. Please contact SYCBA if you are interested in working as an instructor in either keelboats or dinghies.
Phone: (03) 9599 0922 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org