Functions Front of House Manager
Sandringham Yacht Club, located on Port Phillip Bay in the heart of Bayside, is seeking a dynamic and professional front of house Functions Manager to join and head up its front of house Functions team.
This position will suit a self-motivated and confident individual who takes immense pride in customer service and close attention to detail.
We are seeking a motivated and professional individual to continue the high standards set. The successful candidate will report directly to the Operations and Facilities Manager and will be responsible for the first class delivery of weddings, conferences and other events to our broad range of private and corporate customers.
- front of house management of Functions/Events/ Conferences
- manage and perform the set-up of scheduled events that are communicated through the issuing of event orders and verbal instruction
- developing positive relationships with members and clients to ensure that their SYC experience is impeccable
- leading and managing a team of casual staff and building on the excellent team culture in place
- recruiting, training and managing staff
- staffing/ rostering
- liaising professionally with the relevant stakeholders including chefs, events sales team and suppliers
- end of day cash reconciliation in Functions Department
- dealing with any Member/client issues
The successful candidate will ideally possess:
- an outstanding customer service attitude
- previous experience in a similar role
- extensive wedding experience
- the ability to perform under pressure
Our venue operates 7 days per week. A flexible approach to working hours is needed, in particular, being present for functions during evenings and weekends. This position is a demanding role and events are often organised on tight timescales making effective communication vital.
The successful candidate will lead by example with a very “hands on approach”.
To apply, please submit your resume along with a covering letter highlighting why you are a good fit for this role to Paul Corfield at email@example.com .
We are looking to fill this role for a start date of August. Please note that only candidates being invited for interview will be contacted.
Chef / cooks
Located on the foreshore of Port Phillip Bay, the Sandringham Yacht Club offers outstanding event, conferencing, a la carte and bistro outlets. A fantastic opportunity exists for a Chef/Cook to join the team.
We are looking for a highly energetic, experienced full time Chef/Cook and has employment experience within clubs or restaurants. Your strong focus on food quality and presentation will be highly regarded, as well as your ability to work in a fast paced busy team environment. Your availability across a Monday to Sunday 7-day rotating roster is essential to meet the demands of the business.
To join our team of highly experienced chefs you will have:
- A strong understanding of food safety standards
- Good communication skills
- Ability to train and develop staff
- Ability to deliver a consistent and exceptional product to members
- Culinary creativity
- An evident passion for good food
- A strong work ethic and a good team spirit
In return, you will be well rewarded and have the opportunity to work with a stable and dedicated team in a great location. Salary range, $55,000 – $60,000. If you would like to express your interest for this position, please include a cover letter and resume with your application addressed to Kol Gemmell, Kol.Gemmell@syc.com.au
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
INSTRUCTOR TRAINING AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Do you have a passion for sailing and a desire to share your skills with others?
SYCBA is accredited to train and assess Keelboat Instructor candidates and Dinghy Instructor training is available through Yachting Victoria.
Prerequisite qualifications for sailing instructors include First Aid, Marine Radio Certificate, Powerboat Handling Certificate and Working with Children Check. Please contact SYCBA if you are interested in working as an instructor in either keelboats or dinghies.
Phone: (03) 9599 0922 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org