MEMBERS’ BAR and restaurant manager
Sandringham Yacht Club on Port Philip Bay located in the heart of Bayside is seeking to employ an experienced manager to lead its Members’ Bar & Restaurant team.
Sandringham Yacht Club is a multiple industry award winner and is home to several thousand stakeholders.
This position will suit a self-motivated and confident individual who takes immense pride in customer service and close attention to detail.
We are seeking a career minded individual to manage the bar, restaurant and duty management of the Club in a professional manner while continually exceeding member and guest expectations. The successful candidate will report directly to the Operations Manager.
Working in a busy, demanding, high paced and exciting environment, this all-rounder will have experience in managing staff, organising and supervising a restaurant and extensive bar operations experience.
Key elements of this role include, but not limited to:
- Management of the bar’s operational activities – including beverage ordering and stock control
- Staff training and management
- Ensuring all members and guests are provided with outstanding service
- Ensuring club facilities are presented in the best possible manner
- Ensure proper cash management controls are followed by all staff members
- The ‘hands on’ day to day service of the Harbour View Restaurant & private dining room
- Opening and closing the Club
- Dealing with any member/guest issues
To be successful in this role the candidate will ideally possess:
- Experience in a similar role – in a members’ club preferred
- Experience in managing a reservations system
- The flexibility to work over a seven day roster that involves being present on weekends, evenings and public holidays
- An outstanding customer service attitude
- A current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
- Excellent problem solving skills
This is a full time salaried position, with excellent working conditions.
To apply, please submit your resume along with a covering letter highlighting why you are a good fit for this role to Richard Hewett, email@example.com. We are looking to fill this role quickly. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Chef / cooks
Located on the foreshore of Port Phillip Bay, the Sandringham Yacht Club offers outstanding event, conferencing, a la carte and bistro outlets. A fantastic opportunity exists for a Chef/Cook to join the team.
We are looking for a highly energetic, experienced full time Chef/Cook and has employment experience within clubs or restaurants. Your strong focus on food quality and presentation will be highly regarded, as well as your ability to work in a fast paced busy team environment. Your availability across a Monday to Sunday 7-day rotating roster is essential to meet the demands of the business.
To join our team of highly experienced chefs you will have:
- A strong understanding of food safety standards
- Good communication skills
- Ability to train and develop staff
- Ability to deliver a consistent and exceptional product to members
- Culinary creativity
- An evident passion for good food
- A strong work ethic and a good team spirit
In return, you will be well rewarded and have the opportunity to work with a stable and dedicated team in a great location. Salary range, $55,000 – $60,000. If you would like to express your interest for this position, please include a cover letter and resume with your application addressed to Kol Gemmell, Kol.Gemmell@syc.com.au
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
INSTRUCTOR TRAINING AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Do you have a passion for sailing and a desire to share your skills with others?
SYCBA is accredited to train and assess Keelboat Instructor candidates and Dinghy Instructor training is available through Yachting Victoria.
Prerequisite qualifications for sailing instructors include First Aid, Marine Radio Certificate, Powerboat Handling Certificate and Working with Children Check. Please contact SYCBA if you are interested in working as an instructor in either keelboats or dinghies.
Phone: (03) 9599 0922 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org