Sandringham Yacht Club on Port Philip Bay located in the heart of Bayside, is seeking to employ a Functions Supervisor to help lead our front of house Functions team.
The Sandringham Yacht Club is a multiple industry award winner and is home to over 2700 Members’.
This position will suit a self-motivated and confident individual who takes immense pride in customer service and close attention to detail.
We are seeking a motivated and professional individual to continue the high standards set. The successful candidate will report directly to the Function Manager and will be responsible for assisting with the supervision and motivation of front of house staff.
Key elements of this role include, but not limited to:
- Supervising Functions/Events (includes a large number of Weddings)
- Assisting the Functions Manager with managing the Functions Department operational activities
- Manage and perform the set-up of scheduled events that are communicated through the issuing of event orders and verbal instruction
- End of day cash reconciliation in Functions Department
- Dealing with any Member/client issues
- Ensuring all members and guests are provided with outstanding service
- Ensuring club facilities are presented in the best possible manner
To be successful in this role the candidate will ideally possess:
- Previous experience in a similar role supervising Functions/Events
- Previous experience with Weddings
- High attention to detail and the ability to deliver superior quality customer service
- A current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
This is a casual position with the plenty of hours being available. The Sandringham Yacht Club operates 7 days a week so the candidate would need to be available to work weekends and evenings.
To apply, please submit your resume along with a covering letter highlighting why you are a good fit for this role to Alex Louis, Function Manager. We are looking to fill this role quickly. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Chef / cooks
Located on the foreshore of Port Phillip Bay, the Sandringham Yacht Club offers outstanding event, conferencing, a la carte and bistro outlets. A fantastic opportunity exists for a Chef/Cook to join the team.
We are looking for a highly energetic, experienced full time Chef/Cook and has employment experience within clubs or restaurants. Your strong focus on food quality and presentation will be highly regarded, as well as your ability to work in a fast paced busy team environment. Your availability across a Monday to Sunday 7-day rotating roster is essential to meet the demands of the business.
To join our team of highly experienced chefs you will have:
- A strong understanding of food safety standards
- Good communication skills
- Ability to train and develop staff
- Ability to deliver a consistent and exceptional product to members
- Culinary creativity
- An evident passion for good food
- A strong work ethic and a good team spirit
In return, you will be well rewarded and have the opportunity to work with a stable and dedicated team in a great location. Salary range, $55,000 – $60,000. If you would like to express your interest for this position, please include a cover letter and resume with your application addressed to Kol Gemmell, Kol.Gemmell@syc.com.au
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
INSTRUCTOR TRAINING AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Do you have a passion for sailing and a desire to share your skills with others?
SYCBA is accredited to train and assess Keelboat Instructor candidates and Dinghy Instructor training is available through Yachting Victoria.
Prerequisite qualifications for sailing instructors include First Aid, Marine Radio Certificate, Powerboat Handling Certificate and Working with Children Check. Please contact SYCBA if you are interested in working as an instructor in either keelboats or dinghies.
Phone: (03) 9599 0922 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org