Marine Travel Lift Operator
Sandringham Yacht Club (SYC), one of Australia’s most progressive and awarded yacht clubs, is looking for an outstanding person to join the waterfront team in a full time capacity.
SYC is an outstanding sailing facility in Victoria with 3000+ members, 500 onsite boats and a healthy boating program. The purpose of this position is to assist in the delivery of the SYC waterfront services in our marina and boat yard.
This is a hands on role within the Waterfront Department at Sandringham Yacht Club.
This role involves:
- operating plant and equipment including: 50t travel lift, forklift & tractor
- a particular emphasis on Club WH&S policies including inductions for all persons working in the boat yard area
- keeping yard and marina clean and tidy
- attending to plant, equipment, marina and building maintenance
- promptly reporting and following up any operational/equipment faults
- liaising with members, contractors and fellow employees with regard to yard and marina activity
- You will have a first class attitude to member and customer service. You will work in a small cohesive team and your regular work week will be flexible and will include weekend days.
This is a physically demanding role in the outdoors on a year round basis. Marine travel lift operator experience is preferred but it is not essential – if you are super keen, wanting to get into the marine industry and you have a first class attitude this could be for you
To apply please submit your resume and covering letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this role. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please send to Richard Hewett [email protected]