An exciting opportunity exists at Sandringham Yacht Club, which is located on Port Philip Bay in the heart of Bayside, for an experienced manager to lead its Hospitality team.
Sandringham Yacht Club is a multiple industry award winner and is home to several thousand stakeholders.
This position will suit a self-motivated and confident individual who takes immense pride in customer service and who pays close attention to detail.
We are seeking a career minded individual to manage all hospitality outlets and duty management of the Club in a professional manner while continually exceeding member and guest expectations. The successful candidate will report directly to the Operations Manager.
The hospitality outlets include the Port Philip Function room, the Members Bar, the Members Lounge, the Harbour View, the Olympic room and the Ken King Centre.
Working in a busy, demanding, high paced and exciting environment, this all-rounder will have experience in managing staff, organising and supervising a functions space, a restaurant and bar.
Key elements of this role include, but not limited to:
- Hands on operational management of all hospitality activities – including POS, beverage ordering and stock control
- Staff training, rostering and HR management
- Ensuring all members and guests are provided with outstanding service
- Ensuring club facilities are presented in the best possible manner
- Ensure proper cash management controls are followed by all staff members
- Opening and closing the Club
- Dealing with any member/guest issues
To be successful in this role the candidate will ideally possess:
- Experience in a similar role – in a members’ club preferred
- Experience and strong knowledge in managing back of house POS
- Experience in managing a reservations system
- The flexibility to work over a seven day roster (predominantly Wed – Sun), evenings and public holidays
- An outstanding customer service attitude
- A current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
- Excellent problem solving skills
This is a full time salaried position, with excellent working conditions.
To apply, please submit your resume to [email protected] along with a covering letter highlighting why you are a good fit for this role. We are looking to fill this role quickly. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sandringham Yacht Club (SYC), one of Australia’s most progressive and awarded yacht clubs, is looking for an experienced person to fill the role of Boating Coordinator.
SYC is an outstanding sailing facility in Victoria with 2850 members, 500 onsite boats and a healthy boating program. The purpose of this position is to assist in the delivery of the SYC on-water programs including keelboat, off the beach, recreational boating, regattas and associated events.
This is a hands on role within the Boating Department at Sandringham Yacht Club.
This role involves:
- Sailing program administration including online entry and results systems
- Event administration – boating and non-sailing events
- Volunteer coordination and support
- Attendance at sub-committee meetings and minute taking
Key skills will include:
- Excellent administration skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Computer skills and familiarity with web-based systems
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- First class customer service
Reporting directly to the Sailing Manager, you will work in a team which includes club officials, staff and volunteers. You will be instrumental in the organisation and promotion of sailing and racing programs, delivering a busy year round schedule of sailing activities. Your regular work week will be flexible and will include weekend days.
Experience in similar roles within sailing or other sporting organisations would be an advantage.
To apply, please submit your resume to [email protected]along with a covering letter highlighting why you are a good fit for this role. We are looking to fill this role quickly. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.