Our mantra is IT’S GREAT TO BELONG and that it is!
The Club has a proud 109 year history and continues to evolve with members needs at the forefront.
The membership encompasses people from all walks of life, who have an interest in boating and social activities.
SYC is based on a pillar model, each pillar has champions known as Club Captains in three core areas of club sailing and boating;
- Sailing (keelboats)
- Off the Beach (dinghies)
- Recreational Boating
These Club Captains, along with their committees, are charged with fostering and mentoring members in all areas of club activities.
SYC represents a whole new world of sporting, recreational and social activities and will add a further dimension to your life.
Our club has been recognised with many industry awards and continues to be one of Australia’s most progressive yacht clubs, presenting world class sporting and event facilities right on the water’s edge and our membership continues to grow because we offer:
- an extensive range of competitive on water events
- Recreational Boating with many organised cruises in company, NavRallies and other social boating events
- Dinghy sailing with active training and racing for both juniors and seniors
- a day pass scheme making it affordable to try out sailing
- an online crew scheme which assists crew looking for a boat or boats looking for crew
- a variety of social events are conducted through the year catering for all ages and interests
Alongside these offerings, SYC also supports our local community by providing school students with on water activities, conducting fundraisers and events for local charities and offers conference facilities for local businesses.
The jewel in the crown of SYC is its amazing Clubhouse. Members have access to top class facilities such as, Members Bar and Lounge, an outstanding restaurant, function rooms and outdoor podiums which are all enjoyed by members and their guests.
We hope that you wish to visit our great Club.