It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Sandringham Yacht Club.
This club has a great history that spans 107 seasons and continues to improve and get stronger each year. The club’s membership encompasses people from all walks of life who are interested in any form of on-water activity. We are proud of our Keelboat, Off the Beach and Recreational Boating areas that fosters a family oriented environment.
There are many ways to track your success moving forward but to be recognised by two external parties looking in from the outside is very rewarding. In 2018, Community Clubs Victoria awarded Sandringham Yacht Club the “Club of the Year” across all clubs. This was reinforced by Australian Sailing, with Sandringham Yacht Club also being awarded the 2018 “Australian Yacht Club of the Year” after also winning “Victorian Club of the Year”. A terrific result for the Club.
Like any club, Membership is the life blood of any successful organisation and we offer exceptional value for money to explore our “On-water” experiences, whilst also offering many different social options around the club to entertain you.
SYC represents a whole new world of sporting, recreational and social activities and will add a further dimension to your life.
- Membership at SYC continues to grow and our current member base of 2800 provides the opportunity to support a wide and diverse range of activities – there truly is “something for everyone”.
- SYC provides an extensive range of competitive “on-water” events with keelboat racing most days of the week.
- For those not into competitive sailing our Recreational Boating community (including both yachts and powerboats) organises events ranging from a cruise in company to Bass Strait, to cruises to Docklands, to simple picnics, raft ups and more.
- Our dinghy fleet is active with training and racing for both junior and senior fleets.
- We make it easy and affordable for potential new members to try out sailing and our facilities via our Day Pass Membership scheme.
- Our online crew scheme which assists crew looking for boats and boats looking for crew – it is a great service for those new to the club.
- There are a variety of social events throughout the year catering for all ages and interest groups.
- The Club’s Discover Sailing pathways illustrates our entire on-water offer and demonstrates we are committed to providing excellence in training and development for all.
- We believe in supporting our local community – from providing school students with on-water activities, to fund raisers for local charities and conference facilities for local businesses.
- SYC also is proud to offer extensive food and beverage facilities and members receive discounts, priority bookings and exclusive promotions.
A short introduction such as this cannot do justice to all on offer at SYC. The key benefit is mixing with like-minded people who share a passion for the water, the outdoor life, exercise and good fellowship.
We hope that you wish to visit our great Club.