It is a very difficult and sad time when a Member is extremely unwell and or has passed away. In a bid to assist our Members and their families and friends, the Club has appointed an Almoner who may assist.
SYC Almoner is Gill Stubbs and her contact details are available in the club handbook or via the office on 9599 0999.
SYC provides a range of services including;
– Almoner Gill Stubbs
– Personal Visitation – we can arrange for local visitation
– Communication – If you would like, we communicate with the Membership to notify Club friends and fellow Members
– In the event that a Member has passed, we lower the Australian Flag to half-mast and issue an internal death notification
– Club Chaplain – SYC is very fortunate to have a Club Chaplain, Mr Graeme Disney. Graeme may assist you in a number of ways and you can
reach out to him directly or through Gill Stubbs. Subject to his availability, he may be able to assist with your funeral or Celebration of Life
service. To assist, SYC also provide a nautical on-water service including access to a club boat and driver
– You are also welcome to conduct your onsite funeral service at SYC. Your funeral director can get in touch with Gill initially and or our events team on 9599 0999
– SYC also offer Celebration of Life services (wake) at the Club in the Port Phillip Room, Members Lounge and or the Olympic Room. To download our Celebration of Life package, please click here
If you would like to discuss further please contact Gill Stubbs initially. You can also reach out to Richard Hewett (CEO) and or Paul Corfield (Operations) on 9599 0999.