Have you completed Tackers 2?
Enrolment into Tackers 3 requires the completion of Tackers 2.
Upon completion of Tackers 3, sailors will be able to apply knowledge of fundamental boat handling to independently manoeuvre their boat in moderate conditions on all points of sailing.
When I’m on the water I can……
- Sail a windward / leeward course
- Perform a 360 degree turn
- Always use my tiller extension like a microphone when I’m sailing
- Sail a ‘close hauled’ course without assistance
- Sail standing up in a straight line
- Identify gusts on the water
- Gybe without tipping over!
- Come alongside a stationary object and stop
And when I’m on shore I can……
- Rig and derig my own boat
- Take care of my boat