I would like to extend a warm welcome to the broader community to come to the Club and join in all Sandringham Yacht Club (SYC) has to offer.
Membership subscription to SYC represents exceptional value and will open up a whole new world of sporting, recreational and social activities and add a further dimension to your life.
There is an extensive range of benefits that the Club provides:
- Membership at SYC continues to grow and our current member base of 2700 provides the opportunity to support a wide and diverse range of activities – there truly is “something for everyone”.
- SYC provides an extensive range of competitive “on-water” events with keelboat racing most days of the week.
- For those not into competitive sailing our Recreational Boating community (including both yachts and powerboats) organises events ranging from a cruise in company to Bass Strait, to cruises to Docklands, to simple picnics, raft ups and more.
- Our dinghy fleet is active with training and racing for both junior and senior fleets.
- We make it easy and affordable for potential new members to try out sailing and our facilities via our Day Pass Membership scheme.
- Our online crew scheme which assists crew looking for boats and boats looking for crew – is a great service for those new to the Club.
- There are a variety of social events throughout the year catering for all ages and interest groups.
- The Club’s Discover Sailing pathways illustrates our entire on-water offer and demonstrates we are committed to providing excellence in training and development for all .
- We believe in supporting our local community – from providing school students with on-water activities, to fund raisers for local charities and conference facilities for local businesses.
- SYC also is proud to offer extensive food and beverage facilities and members receive discounts, priority bookings and exclusive promotions.
- SYC is one of four yacht clubs in Australia to be invited to join the prestigious International Council of Yacht Clubs – this is a grouping of 35 of the top yacht clubs in the world representing some 25 countries. The practical benefit to our members is the reciprocal rights enjoyed when travelling overseas (and indeed, within Australia with our local reciprocal clubs) and access to “Worlds Best Practice” in all we do.
A short introduction such as this cannot do justice to all on offer at SYC. The key benefit is mixing with like-minded people who share a passion for the water, the outdoor life, exercise and good fellowship.
We would love to welcome you to ‘Sandy’.
Kate Mitchell, Commodore