want to go sailing – affordable daily race day access
Like all sporting clubs, there are fees associated with regular usage of that facility and enjoying the services it provides. At SYC we make it easy and affordable for potential new members to try out sailing and our facilities without having to immediately subscribe to annual membership.
The Club provides a ‘Day Pass Membership’ at a minimal cost. This enables you to sail at the Club and to then use the clubhouse facilities post-race. The ‘Day Pass Membership’ allows you to do this up to 12 times before you need to subscribe to annual membership. What’s even better, any money you spend on the Day Pass Membership will reduce your nomination fee when you do switch over to annual membership.
Day Pass Membership at SYC works like this;
- The first 6 day passes cost $15 per sail (Thursday Twilight Sailing – No Charge)
- The following 6 day passes cost $35 per sail
Once you have sailed 12 times, you then need to become an annual member. The $300 you have paid to date then equates to the ‘Crew’ membership nomination fee – so effectively when you upgrade to annual membership, you pay the subscription only and not the nomination fee.
The benefits of Day Pass Membership
You get to go sailing – an amazingly fun and adventurous activity – at super low cost!
- You get access to our amazing Club for the day
- You get to go the bar after the race – and pay Members prices!
- Via our Memberpoint app – you can register your details into our crew register and skippers can find you via our app!
- Also via our app, as a day pass member you will have a login and you can find a skipper!!
- You get Australian Sailing Personal Accident Insurance for the day
Your day pass membership also enables your skipper to sign you on as a “PERSON ONBOARD”
You get an Australian Sailing number for the day (necessary for all who race)
By the way, on Thursday Twilight Sailing we don’t charge (but still register your day pass via memberpoint). And if you are a kindred Club member, that’s okay too – you get to go sailing on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday for $15 per day pass, no limits
Please note – it is mandatory that all who sail out of SYC have either a Day Pass, Season Pass or are an annual current member.
Day Pass Memberships are available via Memberpoint or direct from the Boating Office on race day – it’s quick, easy and more affordable than participating in just about any other sport.
For more info please ring our boating office on 9599 0922
* The following Clubs are defined by SYC as kindred:
- Royal Brighton Yacht Club
- Royal Melbourne Yacht Squadron
- Royal Yacht Club of Victoria
- Royal Geelong Yacht Club
- Hobson’s Bay Yacht Club
- Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron
- Sorrento Sailing Couta Boat Club
- Mornington Yacht Club
- Royal Victorian Motor Yacht Club
- Beaumaris Motor Yacht Squadron
- Mordialloc Motor Yacht Club
- Queenscliff Cruising Yacht Club
Further details and process for issuing Day Pass Membership is laid out in the Sandringham Yacht Club By-Laws and the Sandringham Yacht Club Constitution.