SATURDAY 8 – SUNDAY 9 December
The regatta is open to all Monohull and Catamaran Off The Beach boats.
Race documents and entry
- Saturday 8 December from 1000hrs – 1145hrs at the Lou Abrahams OTB in the Training Auditorium
- Competitors and officials who are not SYC members are to present themselves on arrival and will be issued with their Honorary Membership pass.
- At registration all competitors’ family members/supporters will be issued with a Honorary Membership in the form of a wrist band that needs to be worn at all times whilst on the SYC premises for the duration of the regatta. SYC staff may request to see proof of Honorary Membership throughout the regatta.
- Honorary membership will be issued on the basis that holder will respect the rules and regulations of SYC Honorary Membership. This privilege may be revoked at any time.
- Parents to sign for all entrants under the age of 18 years.
- There will be a competitors briefing for all competitors at 1145 hrs on Saturday 8 December at the Lou Abrahams OTB building.
BOAT DROP OFF ZONE:
- Boats can be dropped off on Saturday from 8:00am. The boat drop off zone can be accessed by the SYC yard gate.
- Boats and trolleys should be unloaded as quickly as possible and are to be moved to the allocated rigging area which will be either on the hardstand between the clubhouse and the marina front or at the OTB complex. No boats or persons are permitted within the Boat Yards Repairs and Maintenance Zone.
- Click here for SYC mud map including trailer storage.
- SYC Club car park (note – inner circle may be locked due to race days).
- Jetty Road provides Council [ticketed: 8.00am-8.00pm] parking areas.
- Side streets off Beach Road.
beach road closure – sunday morning
On Sunday 9 December, there will be a number of road closures in the morning due to the staging of Race 2 of The 2XU Triathlon Series.
Beach Road – From South Road, Brighton to Charman Road, Beaumaris from 6.00am to 11:00am.
An interactive map of the closure can also be found by clicking here.
Access to Jetty Road will be restricted between the times of 6:00am – 11:00am. To access Jetty Road, you will need to travel down from Georgiana Street and follow the instructions of the traffic marshals.
VENUE: Trevor Barker Oval, Sandringham
DATE: Sunday 9th December 2018
START TIME: 7.00am
FINISH TIME: 11:00am (approximately)
- The Lou Abrahams Off The Beach Sailing Centre provides access to change rooms and toilets. Additional facilities are available at the Ken King Centre. Please do not leave valuables unattended. SYC do have lockers available [first in, first served basis] however you will need to provide your own padlock.
- Canteen – there will be some fabulous lunch options available for both days.
- Members’ Bar & Members’ Lounge:
- Members’ Bar will be open from 11:00am Saturday and from 11.00am Sunday with lunch available from 12:00pm on both days.
- Members’ Lounge from 9:00am Saturday and Sunday.
- Officials may carry out spot checks from time to time. Any boat that does not fully comply with all Class rules and AS Safety Regulations may be subject to protest.
- For further information, please contact the SYC Boating Department on Boating@syc.com.au or on (03) 9599 0922.