This information is current as at Wednesday 8 July.
I hope everyone is continuing to do their best to keep safe and well in these trying times. On the back of yesterday’s Government announcements, this is our current understanding of what it means to the Club, facility access and our services moving forward.
- Boating: you can continue to use your boat to go sailing, go fishing, and go recreational boating. The rules read that you can go boating with other members of your household OR with one other person with social distancing. There is to be no informal training and no shared equipment – click here for the detail / rules
- SYC Marina: remains fully accessible 24/7 to authorised Members. You can go boating in line with the above and/or you can do essential maintenance on your boat. If you can’t get down to the Club and would like us to do regular checks of your boat, including sending you photos, then please get in touch with James Sly
- Boat Yard Operations: the yard remains fully operational with all tenants and contractors currently working onsite. Our Marina office will continue to be manned Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9599 0901. You can also contact Paul Gascoigne on 0407 829 851
- Boat Storage Areas & the Launch Ramp: the Off the Beach, Hardstands and Marina all remain fully accessible to authorised Members
- Clubhouse: unfortunately we again need to close the Clubhouse food and beverage outlets from Thursday 9 July. If we are permitted to keep our reception area open we will (tbc). We also need to close change rooms.
- Ken King Centre: will open daily at the earlier time of 10:00am – 5:00pm for take away food, coffee and alcohol
- Communication: if at any point you want the latest news as it pertains to SYC, you can do so via the following:
- Monjon Security: a quick reminder that SYC uses Monjon, a specialist security company to provide daily services including overnight marina and venue patrols, electronic surveillance including alarm monitoring services and emergency incident management security services. Should you notice anything out of the ordinary please contact us 9599 0999 or drop me a line firstname.lastname@example.org
- Service Offerings: I will be in touch in the next few days about the services we will re-introduce over the coming weeks …and don’t forget about our Member to Member Community offers
We understand and very much share in the disappointment that we are still not competitively sailing and then having a cold beer afterwards. If we play our part in complying with the regulations then hopefully we can return to these things in the not too distant future.
For the time being we need to stick together again, and most importantly, stay healthy. And if not already, please consider downloading the Covidsafe App.
Warm Regards & Stay Safe,
Sandringham Yacht Club