21 July 2021
I write again in light of the current lockdown which has been extended to 11.59pm Tuesday 27 July. This is how it all relates to SYC;
- Communication – our phones will be manned daily from 10am – 4pm 9599 0999.
- Recreational Boating – activities including boating and fishing we currently understand are allowed for those who live within 5km. Please note the 2 hour exercise limit.
- Boat Yard – the boat yard and travel lift operations remain open however only professional contractors are authorised to carry out works.
- Ken King Centre – The Ken King Centre is open daily from 10am – 4pm offering takeaway coffees, takeaway beverages and takeaway food. A fresh batch of daily take away meals are available from 22 July onwards.
- Boat Checks – If you are unable to get down to the Club or if you live outside of the 5km radius, and would like a staff member to check on your vessel, then please let boating know [email protected] – we will be providing daily checks of all areas of the Club including the Marina, Boat Yard, Hardstand and Off the Beach areas.
- If you reside within 5km radius of SYC – you can visit SYC and check on your boat whilst getting in your daily exercise or buying food and beverage from the Ken King Centre. You can drive to the Club, park and then do these things.
- Boat owners outside of the 5km radius – If you reside more than 5km from SYC, and you are a boat owner and you need to do absolutely essential maintenance, or conduct essential checks (and neither of these can be deferred until after the lockdown, and you cannot get a fellow Member who resides within the 5km to do this for you), then we are advised that you are permitted to come to SYC for this purpose. If this relates to you, then to support your trip we can issue you with a letter on club letterhead that sets out you are an SYC Member, you are a boat owner and your boat resides at SYC – and you need to check on your vessel for the listed reasons above. If you would like a letter along these lines please contact [email protected]
- Safety Officer – We have a designated safety officer onsite each day to assist with our marina, facility and environmental obligations. If we discover anything that warrants some attention (boat owners), we’ll do our best to rectify the situation and we’ll give you a call. The name and phone number of the safety officer will be on display at the Ken King Centre and they will be onsite between 9am – 4pm daily.
- Organised Racing & Academy Courses – unfortunately we are not permitted to run any organised SYC boating activities during this lockdown. This sees all scheduled racing today, Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 July either abandoned or postponed to a later date.
- Clubhouse & Rescheduled Club Events – the main clubhouse remains closed which means over the next 7-10 days, tonight’s Recreational Boating Guest Speaker, our Wednesday Wonders Presentation, Sail Presentation and Rec Boating Presentation Breakfast will no longer be proceeding. All those who have booked into one of these presentations will receive an update on our plans. Our trivia evening for Friday 30 July will also be re-scheduled to a new date. Our next band night ‘Whispering Jack’ on 6 August has had to be cancelled (Jack lives in NSW!). The Glitz and Glamour Gala scheduled for Saturday 14 August at this stage is still going ahead.
If coming down, naturally all of the normal COVID-19 requirements apply whilst onsite – social distancing, wearing a face covering, practising good hygiene and scanning the QR Code.
Warm Regards & Stay Safe,