17 February 2021
Better news for Sandy members today. From midnight tonight, the following Club updates apply in line with the Premiers announcement;
1) All SYC Members can return to their Club as there are no restricted reasons to visit, no time limits and no geographical restrictions.
2) Recreational boating: All SYC Members can go fishing, go boating and go sailing whenever they want for as long as they want.
3) On-water: all Club organised activities on-water will resume from tomorrow commencing with the Mercedes-Benz Brighton Twilight Race # 7 at 6.15pm. This applies to off the beach, keelboat and recreational boating. The Club Marine SYC boating academy courses will also re-commence straight away.
4) Club events: in the next 10 days we have 3 scheduled events
a. Sail Sandy Regatta: our signature OTB event is scheduled for this weekend with 150+ entries and it will be proceeding. There will be several modifications to the event and all entrants, volunteers and staff will be communicated with shortly.
b. The Laser Summer 2020 thank you dinner for our regatta volunteers is scheduled for Wednesday evening 24 February. This will be proceeding.
c. Mercedes-Benz Brighton Port Phillip Challenge: is scheduled for Friday 26 February and similarly we are keen to proceed. Subject to some detail, we will communicate with all skippers, crew and clients by Thursday COB.
5) SYC Boat yard: will re-open for tenants, contractors and OHS inducted boat owners from Thursday morning 18 February. Please note if you use the services of any individual and or company for works on your vessel and they generate revenue, it is mandatory they are a registered contractor and they are signed on. If unsure please call Paul on 0407 829 851.
6) Main Clubhouse including food and beverage offerings: will re-open in time for lunch from tomorrow. With little notice to re-boot, Thursdays lunch & dinner menu will be somewhat limited but all menus should be fully reinstated by Friday. Please be patient and understanding. Bookings can be made on 9599 0999.
Other onsite services and facilities including our tenants, boat brokers, chandlery, fuel, launch ramp, hardstand cranes, the Ken King Centre and all onsite change rooms and toilets will all re-open.
Please remember when coming to SYC lets keep the virus at bay by doing all the right things – social distancing, wearing a face covering and practising good hygiene. If you would like to read up on the Clubs CovidSafe Plan including our keelboat plan, then you can download it here.
We look forward to seeing you very, very soon.
Warm Regards & Stay Safe,
Sandringham Yacht Club