18 October 2021
I hope you are managing to stay safe and well.
Things continue to move rapidly. Yesterday the Premier Daniel Andrews announced a further easing of Covid-19 restrictions with a number of things brought forward. Where metro Melbourne is concerned, from 11.59pm on 21 October, the 15km travel radius and the curfew have been removed, there are no restricted reasons to leave home and equally no time restrictions on your outing. You can also socialise with more freedom. This will enable the vast majority of you to return to your Club which is great news. Amongst all of this, boat owners will be able to conduct maintenance work on their own vessels. In terms of hospitality, the Ken King Centre from Friday will be furnished to accommodate outdoor service in line with the restrictions. Please note you and your guests will need to be fully vaccinated and show evidence of this for seated service.
The next milestone in the roadmap is when we hit the double dose vaccination target which is expected to be in early November.
As at 18 October, this is how I understand it relates to SYC;
- Recreational – boating, sailing and fishing is permitted. If your group is a sizeable one, the roadmap permits this for up to 15 people including dependents (with their vaccination status strongly recommended).
- Boat yard – the boat yard and travel lift operations remain open for works and in addition to registered contractors, private boat owners can conduct their own works from Friday onwards.
- Ken King Centre – this wonderfully refurbished area from this Friday will now offer outdoor seated service in addition to take away in line with the restrictions. It will open daily from 10am and will initially offer pizzas, toasted sandwiches, egg and bacon rolls, coffees and a range of limited beverages. It will be nice and casual in a stunning spot overlooking the water. It will be furnished with tables, chairs, umbrellas and a new look bar bench the length of the deck. Initially we will trade till 6pm Monday and Tuesday and if the weather is nice, we will extend those hours till 8pm on Wednesday through to Sunday. No need to book, just pop in and enjoy.
- Clubhouse – the main clubhouse will re-open once we hit the double dose vaccination target in early November. At this point, we will be permitted to seat up to 150 members and guests indoors. Once we have a confirmed date, we will be in touch letting you know we have opened up bookings in line with the rules.
- Competitive racing remains on track to return once we hit the double dose vaccination target in early November. All the information you need including calendars, online entry forms and race documents are online.
- Training will re-commence late October including JDS and other programs and to this end, we will be in touch direct with the various groups.
- Change rooms – the Off the beach and Ken King change rooms are still required to remain closed.
A friendly reminder if coming down to SYC to please remember the well documented rules including QR code sign in, social distancing, wearing a face covering and practising good hygiene.
As always, thank you for your incredible support and co-operation and as further announcements are made, we will be in touch. Our phones will continue to be manned Monday to Saturday from 10am – 4pm 9599 0999 and we look forward to the prospect of re-opening reception in early November along with the clubhouse re-opening.
Warm Regards & Stay Safe