10 November 2020
The SYC Annual General Meeting (AGM) is being held online this year due to COVID-19. It is being held at 8:00pm on Tuesday 24 November and the meeting will be conducted on Zoom. Please find below the following links:
- meeting attendance link
- agenda and election results
- SYC annual report 2019/20
- SYC foundation annual report 2019/20
1) Meeting Attendance Link – the meeting will be held online and conducted on Zoom webinar. To attend, click on the following link;
- SYC AGM online link: Click on this Meeting Link to attend the SYC AGM
- Passcode if required: 096697
The meeting is scheduled to commence from 8:00pm but we will have the link to the meeting open from 7:00pm should you wish to check in early. Join our online hosts John Deeks and George Shaw from 7:45pm. Your early attendance will assist us validate that we have a quorum.
2) Agenda and Election Results – the agenda (to the right of the screen) comprises reports, updates and award presentations including bestowing Life Membership on a highly deserving Member. We will also be farewelling retiring GC members and welcoming in the new Flag Officers, Treasurer and Club Captains. We will keep things moving on the night.
Garry Anderson (SYC Member No. 2062)
Sue Bowes (SYC Member No. 3182)
Mark Welsh (SYC Member No. 0746)
Greg Winnett (SYC Member No. 7350)
Robert Date (SYC Member No. 3896)
Andrew Crawshaw (SYC Member No. 6807)
David McCutcheon (SYC Member No. 5437)
3) SYC Annual Report 2019/20 – the SYC Annual Report for 2019/20 is now available to download in the Members section of the website – click here to access the report. To do this you will need your username and password login details – your username is your member number. If you have forgotten your password please contact the office. For completeness you can also access the SYC Foundation Annual Report 2019/20.
Questions on the accounts – in order to run an efficient meeting, we ask that you submit any questions on the financials in advance of the meeting. As you have become accustomed, our Treasurer Scott Sampson will be providing a comprehensive update.
4) Motions – we will be seeking your approval of the previous minutes, annual accounts, appointment of Foundation trustees and the auditor for 2020/21. All members with voting privileges will receive a voting email next Tuesday 17 November outlining the process. It’s very straight forward and there is nothing out of the ordinary being put to the meeting.
5) General Business – in a bid to run an orderly and efficient meeting, it would be appreciated if you could submit any general business to me [email protected] at least 72 hours prior to the meeting and we will endeavour to respond beforehand.
If you haven’t used Zoom before and would like some help, please let me know. We are happy to assist well in advance to ensure you have no access issues on the night and a reminder the meeting link will open 1 hour prior to the meeting.
Warm Regards & Stay Safe,
Chief Executive Officer