Skip to main content

Wednesday Wonders Summer Series 2019-20 Race 15 – A Good Afternoon on the Water

Saturday, 1st February 2020

In contrast to the 27 knots last Wednesday afternoon this week’s race was contested in a 9 knot south easterly under blue skies on flat seas in comfortable temperatures. Perhaps not enough breeze for some to get their yachts performing at their best but the conditions were particularly affable. A fleet of 41 yachts started the race around the 9.8 nautical mile course 24, which in a south easterly was about 61% running/reaching with the remaining 39% beating. It produced another different winner of the start and two different yachts on the podium. Read more…