With one of the biggest summers on record coming our way, comprising of a full boating calendar, 3 World Championships, Sail Sandy and Sail Melbourne. We are calling for volunteer expressions of interest to help us deliver these events.
The first regatta that we will be running will be the annual Sail Sandy! Sail Sandy is SYC’s premier annual OTB regatta which will be held on the 12-13 October. This regatta typically attracts up to 200 boats each year and is shaping up to be much bigger this year with an expected 200+ boats!
The regatta is open to all Monohull and Catamaran Off The Beach boats with a listed YV yardstick. This year we will also see the J24’s joining us for the two days as well as running our normal Green Fleet regatta for sailors in their Minnow, Open Bic, Cadet or Optimist boats! Spread over four course areas, Sail Sandy is extremely resource intensive and consequently, we are calling for anyone who may be able to lend a hand to register your interest through completing the expression of interest survey! Sail Sandy volunteer expression of interest survey!
If you have any queries about Sail Sandy or would like more information, click on the following link to head to the Sail Sandy Regatta Page please don’t hesitate to get in contact on email@example.com or 9599 0922.
After Sail Sandy we will be moving onto the summer of 2019/2020, that is set to be a festive and very busy one for SYC as we host a series of prestigious Laser regattas including a States, Nationals and 3 World Championships. We are calling for volunteer expressions of interest to help us deliver these events.
This is the line-up of events;
- Victorian Laser States 23 – 24 November 2019 – Up to 100 entries across the three Laser classes, with male and female competitors of all ages
- Australian National Laser Championship 1 – 8 January 2020 – Up to 300 entries across the three Laser classes, with male and female competitors of all ages
- Oceania Laser Championships (which are incorporated into Sail Melbourne) 17-21 January 2020
- ILCA Standard Men’s World Championship 9 – 16 February 2020 – 160 world class male sailors are expected for this event, all aspirants for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games
- ILCA Radial Women’s and Men’s World Championships 19 – 26 February 2020 – Up to 130 female & 120 male sailors including a host of local talent
If you are interested in volunteering (all sorts of jobs from race management, club tour guides, car parkers, car drivers, beach marshalls, registration etc) for any of the above events please register your interest with SYC by clicking on this link.
You will form part of a large club-wide team and as part of the experience you will assist deliver World Class events with like-minded people, and in the process be offered training, a commemorative race management polo, daily refreshments and you will help shine the world ‘boating spotlight’ on SYC. It would be great to have you on-board.