CORRESPONDENCE TO MEMBERS via email on Wednesday 27 May
I’m very pleased to let you know our food and beverage outlets will begin to re-open from next Monday 1 June in a staged approach. We have missed you all dearly and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to your Clubhouse.
Our offering will be different and in line with the new regulations, but we are very excited with the prospect of re-opening and this is how it will look;
- We’ve adopted a “Members first focus” so for stage 1, our offer is for Members and Members Guests only
- One standard food menu will be on offer in the Members Bar, the Members Lounge, the Port Phillip Room North, the Harbour View Restaurant and the Olympic Room. Each room is permitted to have a max. of 20 persons in them at the one time except for the Olympic Room (max. of 16 persons)
- Bookings will be required and will be taken from 11am tomorrow on 9599 0999 or by dropping into reception (it also re-opens daily from Monday 1 June 11am-6pm). All rooms will be filled in sequence.
- Table bookings up to a max. of 6 persons is what we are allowed and we are required to get the name and phone number of each person attending (contact tracing).
- If you have a larger group that’s okay too, group sizes up to 16 will most likely be placed in the Olympic Room… (your own private room).
- Kol’s food offering will be more limited than the norm as we find our feet and it will be accompanied by specials. Beverage menus will also be smaller than the norm but will offer familiar wines and tap beers.
- We will trade 7 days per week with lunch from midday and dinner from 5.30pm.
- In stage 1 unfortunately you can’t just pop in for a beer, substantial meals must be served with alcohol… when you can don’t worry, I will let you know
- There will be lots of other measures including… doors to rooms will be open to minimise touch points, there will be a min 1.5metre of spacing between tables and if turning tables over, we will need time to undertake cleaning of tables, chairs and surfaces. Kol’s team will cook from one kitchen only as its more spacious, we will trial a maître d’ greeting Members in the upstairs lobby, we will provide sanitiser upon club entry (but we also encourage you to bring your own), the lift will be limited to 2 persons and so forth. Plenty of hygiene and compliance signage will remind us all of the new World we now live in.
- Payments can be in the form of credit / debit cards or Member keys… you can use your food and beverage vouchers. All Members can put money on their Member key (debit facility) and you can do this at reception…. And then use your key upstairs. I would encourage this as to further minimise touch points we will not be handling or accepting cash.
Also from the 1 June, the Ken King Centre will continue to trade daily selling frozen meals and we will also be introducing a fresh “phone and collect” offer with fresh meals – if ordered prior to 11am they can be picked up the same day from 4pm. In addition, you can order meals during lunch service hours and have them delivered to the Ken King Centre which will now offer tables and chairs for 20 persons in line with the regulations. Home deliveries from 1 June will be phased out but if you can’t make your way down please let me know.
Whilst we are excited we also remain cautious. We need everyone to comply with the rules and help keep our community and SYC COVID free. If unwell please refrain from coming to the Club, practice good hygiene and if not already please consider downloading the COVIDSafe App, it’s an important tool for protecting everyone’s health and safety – you can read up on and download it here
As the regulations progress forwards or backwards, we will respond but in more positive news, the Government has earmarked Stage 2 to commence on 22 June which increases room capacities to 50 persons. Stage 3 increases room capacities to 100 patrons and this is earmarked to commence during the second half of July. As many of our larger private events have cancelled in the lead up to Christmas, we have plenty of available dates for private events… and in the coming months we are very much open for events business if you have personal or work related needs at the back end of the year, please consider SYC.
Warm Regards & Stay Safe