SYC Women in Sailing Forum and WISC Committtee
Thank you all for attending the open forum on Women’s Sailing at SYC on Monday 24 February 2020. It was great to see so many people attend with varying levels of experience but all showing such great passion for the sport we share and love.
Please find attached a summary of the points discussed during the evening and the next recommended steps, the most important of which is for a Committee of approximately 6 to form and shape the future of Womens Sailing at SYC. If you are interested please email Sue Bowes (email@example.com) so we can keep the momentum going in preparation for the 2020/2021 season.
In the meantime, there are several areas you can keep up to date with events for Womens Sailing both at SYC, PPWCS and AWKR.
SYC WISC Facebook Page:
Some further updates since our meeting:-
- The two Club J24’s are available – contact the SYC Boating Office
- The Beneteaus are available for training for the WISC Challenge and the Commodore’s Challenge – contact the SYC Boating Office
- SYC’s Boating Academy runs plenty of courses to polish up your skills https://syc.com.au/learn-to-sail/keelboat-courses/
- If you are looking for a boat to crew on, go the Memberpoint App and register under Crew Profile (Links to the App are on this page)
Please don’t forget the two Women’s Sailing events we have coming up in our calendar this year:-
- Sunday 22 March 2020 – SYC WISC – for more information on the Notice of Race and/or on line entry or if you are looking for a boat click on this link https://syc.com.au/2020-women-sailing-challenge/
- Sunday 17 May 2020 – Commodore’s Challenge – if you would like to express interest in this event which is an interclub event using the 7.5m Beneteaus send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to hearing any expressions of interest by email from any of you who would like to form the Committee!