I’m pleased to advise the next stage of our major marina maintenance works gets underway from Tuesday 5 June. The works include the replacement of timber walers, cleats and thru-rods in the following areas;
- The main walkway between the marina entrance and C row (where we concluded last years’ works in front of the submarine (C110)
- The walkways and finger pontoons in their entirety on A East and B East
- The main walkway and T Head on Row C East
- Also on C East, we are replacing six concrete pontoons
- Other concurrent works including ongoing pedestal upgrades and pile bracket replacements will be done concurrently.
The works get underway on Tuesday 5 June and may take up to 8-10 weeks. Please note that whilst works are undertaken in the above areas, services including water and power may at some point be switched off. We will be in touch with regular updates as they come to hand.
In a bid to access the required areas, we will need boats to be repositioned at various times. Naturally, we will be making suitable alternate temporary arrangements. We would prefer that you move the vessel however we can provide assistance as required. If you are out of town or unable to get down to the Club, we will discuss a satisfactory plan to reposition your boat.
Whilst we understand there will be a very short inconvenience we are making a sizeable investment in improving these areas and we again ask for your patience and understanding during this time.
Please drop Karen a line if you require any further information Karen.Crowley@syc.com.au or touch base with Sean Byrne (0408 050 982) with any concerns (please note Paul Gascoigne is currently on leave).
See you around the Club.