The 2019 Victorian Sailing Awards we held at Sandringham Yacht Club, last Friday Night and we would like to congratulate all of the SYC member who were nominated as a finalist.
We would like to make special mention of to the following members who won an award.
- Heather Macfarlane 2019 Female Sailor of the Year.
- Rowan Simpson for all being honoured as recipients of the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Mel Hitchen-Haw for Coach of the Year.
- Matty Goss 2019 Junior Sailor of the Year.
- Robert Ungar 2019 Motor Yachtsperson of the Year.
- Jade Cole 2019 Offshore Sailors of the Year.
Congratulations to the following Sailors that placed in their Division for the Victorian Sailing Cup.
- Victorian Sailing Cup -49erFX
- 1st – Jaimee Atkinson-Wall and and crew
- 3rd – Lachlan Dare and and crew
- Victorian Sailing Cup – 49er Under 23
- 1st – Harrison Sly and Tom Dwyer
- 2nd – Hayden Brown and Mackenzie Bird
- Victorian Sailing Cup -29er
- 2nd – Oscar Henderson and Patrick Distefano
- 3rd – Josh and Dan Griffith
- Victorian Sailing Cup – International Optimist
- 1st – Matty Goss
- Victorian Sailing Cup – International Cadet
- 3rd – Thomas Johnston and Kylan Thompson
Congratulations to Sandringham Yacht Cup who are the Winners of the Association Cup, we would like to congratulate the following boats on winning individual trophies associated with the event.
- RJ Green Memorial Trophy – Mike and Mark Walsh
- Max Peters Memorial Trophy – Robert Date and Alex Gilbert
Congratulations to the Winners of the Nautilus Marine Series
Div 2 – PHS Simon Bell and Jess Sloan,
Div 1 – PHS Robert Green,
Congratulations to Winners of the Victorian Dinghy Championships
1st – Heather Macfarlane and Chris Payne – International Fireball
2nd – James Sly and Aurelia Martin – Tasar
Mark Turnball was awarded a Barranjoey Pin, we would like to congratulate Mark on being awarded the pin. The Barranjoey Pin was created last year to acknowledge the legacy and history of Olympic and Paralympic class sailing in Australia. The Barranjoey Pin is an embodiment of the great traditions and values of those who have competed and continue to compete at the highest level for Australia in sailing.
Photos by Bruno Cocozza