The Race Management & Rules Committee is established to ensure SYC has a pool of well-trained race management personnel available to deliver the club racing calendar. To make recommendations to General Committee in respect of training, continual upskilling and suitably equipping the race management teams to ensure SYC offer high quality sailing. To ensure SYC Members, Committees and Volunteers have a sound understanding of relevant sailing rules and interpretation of those rules.
The Race Management (RM) and Rules Sub-committee shall:
- monitor the performance of the RM team and continually aim to improve the quality of RM delivery.
- develop and oversee the delivery of the club RM training program including putting in place an annual training calendar.
- recommend to GC the progression of Members through the RM training pathway to club, state, national and international race officer and juror accreditation.
- recommend policies regarding the conduct of RM.
- improve rule observance by improving awareness including hosting racing rules information sessions.
- deal with any matters the boating sub-committees or General Committee may request.