The annual Victorian Sailing Awards are normally held around this time of year. The awards reflect on the success of Victorian club members in the various sailing and boating events held over the last 12 months.
This year, the awards could not go ahead and are going to be done a little differently. Australian Sailing Victoria will be announcing the Winners via Facebook from Monday 22nd September through to Friday September 25th. Yesterday the Finalist for these awards were announced.
There are a number of SYC members who have been nominated for various awards and we would like to wish them all good luck. The following members have been nominated as a finalist in their respective categories:
- Heather Macfarlane – Female Sailor of the Year
- Tess Llyod – Female Sailor of the Year
- Jason Close – Offshore Sailor of the Year
- James and Chris Mitchell – Volunteer of the Year
- James Mitchell – Sports Promotion Award
- Matty Goss – Junior Sailor of the year
- Thomas Johnston & Piper Duell – Junior Sailor of the year
- Tana Deyell – Junior Sailor of the year
- Steve Aulich – Official of the Year
- Graeme Watt – Official of the Year
- Kevin and Ross Wilson and Mark Taylor – Official of the Year
We also have the following awards in which our Club or a staff member has been nominated for:
- James Sly – Sports Professional Award
- Sandringham Yacht Club – Club of the Year
- Sandringham Yacht Club – Sustainability Award
- Club Marine Sandringham Yacht Club Boating Academy – Discover Sailing Centre of the Year
From all at SYC, best of luck to all of the above finalists!