Last Friday 25 May, the 2018 Mercedes-Benz Brighton Sail Presentation was held in the Port Phillip Room to celebrate the success of yet another sailing season. Congratulations to all of our winners!
On the night, Jack Fullerton was awarded 2018 Lou Abrahams Intermediate of the Year award. Jack has been an outstanding contributor to a number of activities at SYC over the mast year. He is heavily involved in coordinating our match program as well as a regular member of our protest panel when required to name a few examples. Just a couple of weekends ago now, Jack competed in the Apollo Bay Race arriving back at SYC after finishing at 6am. It was only 10am when Jack was back at the club ready to officiate as an umpire in the Commodore’s Challenge…A very worth recipient so congratulations Jack!
A special congratulations must definitely to Graeme Watt who received a momentum award for his outstanding achievements in yachting at SYC. With Graeme selling Watermark II, this sees an end of an era with Watty and the crew having won 23 Club Championships which is the highest in the history at SYC!
We also celebrated the success of our Club Champions from the 2017/18 Summer Series. The winners are as per below:
- Division 1 AMS – Joust – Rod Warren
- Division 1 IRC – Wicked – Mike and Mark Welsh
- Division 1 PHS – Bandit – Ashley Trebilcock
- Division 2 AMS – Horizon Sprint – Frank Hammond
- Division 2 IRC – Doesn’t Matter – Murray Mackay
- Division 2 PHS – Windspeed – Les Browne
- Division 3 AMS/IRC – Watermark II – Graeme Watt/David Suda
- Division 3 PHS – Fun & Games – Alan Edwards
Thanks always to our amazing team of race management and protest committee volunteers for their assistance!
For a full range of photos from the night, click here. Thank you to Ian Ballantine for these amazing shots!